13.-16. April 2017
European Trombone Festival
Wilhelminapier Rotterdam This edition of the festival will take place at the Wilhelminapier in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The concert venues, LantarenVenster and LP2, add a new energy to the festival due to their more ‘industrial look’.
Listen > # 27 concerts
The program conducts early and newly composed works in various genres and surprising musical encounters. Worlds best professionals and young talents meet and inspire each other on stage.
- Daily an evening concert in which we connect classical and jazz music played by international trombonists and ensembles.
- Various concerts featuring classical, jazz, pop, early and newly composed music.
- New: short concerts at various locations (inside and outside) on the Wilhelminapier.
At Slide Factory, music, musicians (professionals, student and amateur) and the public meet and inspire each other. We encourage collaboration, connect early and newly composed music, different genres and musicians.
- 3 days of clinics, lectures and a festival market.
- For music teachers: mr. pBone workshop and presentation of a new teaching method.
- Film: matching the location LantarenVenster, we show short movies and clips related to the trombone.
Trombonists (professional, students and amateur) visit Slide Factory to play in masterclasses, workshops and other educational projects.
- International masterclasses for students and presentation of new ensembles;
- The Young Trombone Collective;
- Lessons for amateurs of all skill levels;
- Outdoor Spectacle with all trombonists of the festival (both professional and amateur).